We want to hear from you!
The CBA welcomes input from our Early Career Researchers (Postdocs and PhD students) regarding the types of training activities they need to address their specific research requirements and interests.
Previously funded ECR-proposed workshops:
- Long-read, long-reach sequencing workshop
- SNPs in population- and phylo-genomics
- Nanopore Sequencing Workshop
- Biodiversity in R: models and methods for spatial analysis
- Hierarchical occupancy-detection modelling
- Demographic inference for comparative phylogeograpy using Next-Gen sequence data
- Computational macroevolution and phylogenetic comparative methods
- Population and landscape genomics
- R Bootcamp
A Training Support proposal should be led by Postdocs and/or PhD students from at least one of our CBA partner institutions, ie. ANU, CSIRO and/or UC.
The topic of the proposed activity should complement CBA’s biodiversity science focus, eg. evolutionary biology, population and ecosystem ecology, genomics, bioinformatics, and/or spatial modelling.
Funding may be sought for a range of training activities including (but not limited to) workshops, short courses, tutorials, retreats. They can be held at ANU, UC or CSIRO (other venues can be proposed if appropriate).
The activity should be advertised to, and places ensured for participants from, all three CBA partner institutions. To further encourage cross-institutional interaction, a social function as part of the program is highly recommended (although with current social distancing restrictions this is unlikely to be possible).
If required, the CBA can also provide coordination support for your activity, e.g. advertising, registration, venue and flight bookings, etc.
In addition to Training Support funding, CBA also has funding for visiting scientists invited by lab leaders who, during their time in Canberra, will present a workshop and/or seminar for CBA members.
How to apply
We invite you to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a short proposal (~2 pages or less) that includes:
- Title and type of training activity
- Organisers’ details
- Proposed presenter/s
- Proposed date/s
- Brief outline of the training activity
- Itemised budget, including other funding sources (if any) and up to $5000 from CBA
Applications will be accepted at any time throughout the year and will be assessed by the CBA Director and Liaison Committee.
We aim to maintain a register of Early Career Researchers (ECRs) so we know who you are and what you do so we can help provide CBA-affiliated Postdocs and PhD students with collaborative opportunities such as training workshops, project funding, etc. Please register your details here if you would like to be included on our ECR Register.