To welcome in 2021 and celebrate the renewal of the Centre of Biodiversity Analysis we invite you to our inaugural 'Research Mingle', a relaxed event that aims to create and expand networks amongst biodiversity science researchers from across ANU, University of Canberra and CSIRO.
With new funding rounds of our Ignition Grants and Synthesis Groups to be announced in March, and our Visiting Scientist and ECR Training Workshop funding available now, this will be a great opportunity to discuss potential collaborative project ideas and meet (or reacquaint ourselves with) our CBA colleagues.
Come along and share your big science questions with the CBA community - you never know who might want to be part of your next research journey!
Please RSVP by Tues 2 Feb, 2021.
COVID-19 restrictions will be in place and participants need to be aware of appropriate COVID-safe practices such as social distancing, washing/sanitising hands on entering and leaving the building, coughing and sneezing etiquette, and using the Check In CBR app on arrival.
- 2:45pm: Tea & coffee on arrival
- 3pm: Welcome and introduction from CBA-partner institutions
- Craig Moritz (CBA Director, RSB, ANU)
- Andrew Young (NRCA, CSIRO)
- Janine Deakin (CCEG, UC)
- Table talks (groups from different labs/institutions)
- Introduce yourselves – where you are from, what you do, what sort of collaborations you might be looking for, etc.
- Move to topic-centred groups.
- White board chats (2-3 rounds)
- Suggestions for opportunities to collaborate within the CBA (projects, students, training, etc.).
- 5-6pm: Networking social time - drinks and nibbles on the balcony.