To welcome in 2021 and celebrate the renewal of the Centre of Biodiversity Analysis we invite you to our inaugural 'Research Mingle', a relaxed event that aims to create and expand networks amongst biodiversity science researchers from across ANU, University of Canberra and CSIRO.
With new funding rounds of our Ignition Grants and Synthesis Groups to be announced in March, and our Visiting Scientist and ECR Training Workshop funding available now, this will be a great opportunity to discuss potential collaborative project ideas and meet (or reacquaint ourselves with) our CBA colleagues.
Come along and share your big science questions with the CBA community - you never know who might want to be part of your next research journey!
- 2:40pm: Tea & coffee on arrival. Registration and check in using QR code/sign-in sheet.
- 3:00pm: Welcome and introduction from CBA-partner institutions
- Craig Moritz (CBA Director, RSB, ANU)
- Andrew Young (NRCA, CSIRO)
- Richard Duncan (CCEG, UC)
- Table talks (groups from different labs/institutions)
- Introduce yourself to the people on your table - e.g. where you are from, what do you do, what sort of collaborations you might be looking for, etc.
- Move to 'Sticker Groups' - find your table to meet with research area-themed groups.
- Whiteboard chats (2-3 rounds)
- Put forward ideas and opportunities to collaborate across the CBA (projects, workshops, students, training, meetings, etc.).
- 5-6pm: Networking social time - drinks and nibbles
Please RSVP by Tues 2 Feb, 2021. All welcome.
COVID-19 restrictions are in place at ANU and participants need to be aware of appropriate COVID-safe practices:
- All participants must use the Check In CBR app on arrival (either on the ground floor as you enter or on level 6). A sign-in sheet will also be provided at the registration desk if you can not use the app.
- Please maintain social distancing (a physical distance of 1.5m where possible), washing/sanitising hands on entering and leaving the building, and practise good coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Please do not attend if: you feel unwell; have been overseas or attended a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days; have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case; have been tested and returned a positive result or are waiting for result; and/or have been instructed by ACT Health to stay in isolation or quarantine.
- If consuming alcohol inside you need to remember to remain seated.