Atlas of Living Australia
The ALA enables the sharing of all Australia's biodiversity knowledge.
The Atlas of Living Australia is a collaborative, national project that aggregates biodiversity data from Australia’s academic, scientific and environmental communities and the general public and makes it available and usable online.
ALA can be used to:
- access information pages for each species containing photos, descriptions, maps and observations.
- access scientific and common names.
- explore the flora and fauna reported around your neighbourhood.
- learn about Australia’s biodiversity collections at museums, herbaria and other institutions.
- learn about citizen science projects.
- map, analyse and visualise biodiversity and environmental data and trends.
- access tools to help track changes in biodiversity and the environment.
- download and use open source tools.
- download biodiversity data.
- access images, literature and genetic information through Australian nodes of international data repositories.
- volunteer for digitisation projects.
Read more about ALA news, projects and contributer's blogs here.