CBA phylogenomics workshop using BEAST2 led by Alexei Drummond
Alexei is an international leader in phylogenomic inference with diverse applications from ecology and biodiversity to disease epidemiology and is the co-founder and Director of Biomatters Ltd. See Computational Evolution Group for more information.
- 09:00am Lecture on Bayesian relaxed phylogenetics
- 10:00am Morning tea break (provided)
- 10:20am Lab tutorial on Bayesian relaxed phylogenetics with BEAST2
- 12:00pm Lunch break
- 01:00pm Lecture on multispecies coalescent and model averaging for phylogenomics
- 02:00pm Afternoon tea break (provided)
- 02:20pm Lab tutorial on *BEAST2
Alexei is also happy to accept requests for particular aspects of BEAST2 to be covered as well.
Venue ANU | Sciences Teaching Building | Southern entrance, Level 3 (top floor) | Seminar Room 2
- The workshop room will be open from 8.45am. Please arrive before 9am to set up your laptop, etc. so the workshop can start on time.
- You will need to attend the workshop with BEAST2 on your own laptop. Download from the beast 2 website.
This workshop is FREE, but you need to register your intention to attend with Claire Stephens by 15 July 2013 as places are limited.