CSIRO Supplementary Postgraduate Scholarship - Australian Tree Seed Centre, Canberra
This research will assess the long term effectiveness of tree revegetation programs by determining the time lines required for plantings to become functional and self-sustaining in natural landscapes. Reproductive and genetic approaches will be used to determine these trajectories.
'Top-up' scholarship of $7,000pa stipend (living allowance) and $10,000pa operating (research funds).
- Applications close 31 October 2018.
- More information and how to apply can be found here.
About the CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarship Program
CSIRO's Supplementary Postgraduate Scholarship Program provides opportunities in science and engineering for outstanding graduates at Australian tertiary institutions.
Each year, the Program supports postgraduate scholarships for students to work on projects that align with CSIRO's priority research areas. Students are co-supervised by researchers in an Australian university and CSIRO allowing students to maintain and develop their university connections while being exposed to research in a working environment.
These projects are advertised via CSIRO’s careers portal. Before applying, it is highly recommended that prospective students contact the supervisors listed to discuss the project they are interested in.
CSIRO Supplementary PhD Scholarships are available to PhD students who have gained (or expect to gain), first class honours or equivalent in relevant research areas and are, or able to be, enrolled in a PhD program at an Australian university.
In addition to applying for the CSIRO Supplementary Scholarship, students will also need to be awarded a main source of funding such as:
- Australian Government Research Training Program International Fee Offset Scholarship - Full tuition fees for 3 years (applications close 31 Aug);
- Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship - Full stipend (living allowance) for 3 years (applications close 31 Aug for international and 31 Oct for domestic); or
- ANU PhD scholarship - Full stipend (living allowance) for 3 years (applications close 31 Aug for international and 31 Oct for domestic).
See here for University of Canberra's available PhD scholarships and here for a full list of ANU's. Consideration for eligible full PhD scholarships typically occurs as part of the online enrolment process via ANU's portal or UC's portal.