The RSB Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Unit (CBBU) and Biological Data Science Institute (BDSI) are organizing workshops for students and staff from JCSMR, RSB, and The Fenner School. Participants from outside of the three schools will be accepted if there are places available on an individual basis.
The workshops will take place on May 9-10 (R) and May 13-15 (Statistical Design) and will start at 9:30am, finish at 4:30pm with lunch break 12:30 – 1:30.
The workshops are offered at no cost. Number of places is limited to approx. 15. We invite all Students and Staff (including Academics) to register. To sign up please fill up and submit this form no later than Thursday, 2 May. Information about granted places will be emailed to your email address on Friday, 3 May 3. Please be aware that by signing up you are committing to attend and participate in the chosen workshops. Before signing up students (Master/Honours and PhD) and Postdocs are requested to obtain approval from their lab leaders or supervisors.
- Introduction to R and RStudio.
- Data types in R, and type conversions.
- Loading and saving tab and coma delimited files.
- Basic data exploration including plotting.
- Data sub-setting, filtering and joining.
- Adding new columns with calculated values.
- Detecting and handling errors an missing values in the data.
- Creating graphs and plots.