Each year the CBA funds a number of small pilot projects, called Ignition grants.
These aim to 'kick-start' new ANU-CSIRO collaborative research, with the intention that results will subsequently form the basis of more substantial research proposals and collaborations.
Over the past four years we have funded 26 collaborative, diverse Ignition projects. In recognition of this, our past and current grant recipients have been invited to share their progress and results.
These will be presented as short 'lightning talks' (5-10 minute talks).
Please RSVP for lunch to email@example.com by 31 May.
1.00pm Lunch Gould Meetings Room
1.50pm Welcome Craig Mortiz; Introduction: Ignition grant scheme Justin Borevitz
- How local is local? Landscape genomics in Yellow box Justin Borevitz (10 mins)
- Eucalyptus genomics Megan Supple (10 mins)
- Linking genomic data to spatial biodiversity data in the Atlas of Living Australia Caroline Chong (10 mins)
- Genetic and demographic impacts of contemporary disturbance regimes in Mountain Ash forests Brenton von Takach Dukai (5 mins)
- Genetic characterisation of formalin preserved fish tissue Sharon Appleyard (10 mins)
- Bill adaptation in parrots: finding loci involved in surface area increases by integrating morphometrics with NGS Keira Beattie (5 mins)
- Evolutionary processes in Billy buttons Alexander Schmidt-Lebuhn (10 mins)
- Investigating the effects of diversity, distribution and chytrid load on Uperoleia frog skin microbial communities Maxine Piggott (5 mins)
- Effects of climate change on avian morphology Janet Gardner (10 mins)
- Bringing next generation approaches to conservation genomics using museum collections – Rock wallaby museum skinomics Sally Potter (10 mins)
- Developing new methods for using distribution data to identify taxa that can tolerate extreme conditions Xia Hua (5 mins)
- Penguin ectoparasites of the Southern Hemisphere Katherine Moon (10 mins)
- Collections-based landscape genomics: Red-browed finches as a test case Kerensa McElroy (10 mins)
- Environmental Drivers of Acacia-Associated Symbiotic Microbe Diversity Russell Dinnage (5 mins)
- Curating spatial data to understand patterns and processes shaping biodiversity in New Guinea Paul Oliver (5 mins)
- Species discovery and refugia in the monsoonal tropics Craig Moritz (10 mins)
4.45pm Closing comments Craig Moritz