A major objective of CBA is to enhance collaboration and training opportunities via external visitors who will conduct a workshop and/or seminar open to CBA members during their visit to ANU and CSIRO.
Previously CBA funded visitors include:
- Joseph Heled Workshop: BEAST2
- Steve Stones-Havas Workshop: Geneious
- Peter Smouse Workshop: Genetic analysis for population studies
- Alexei Drummond RSB Director's seminar: Developing Darwin’s computer and Workshop: Phylogenomics using BEAST2
- Eddie Holmes RSB Director's seminar: The Greatest Experiment in Evolution: Viral Biocontrol of Rabbits
- Oliver Niehuis Workshop: DNA target enrichment in phylogenomics - molecular and bioinformatic principles
- Olivier Loudet Workshop: Genomic and Phenomics tools to identify the genetic basis underlying natural variation and adaptation
- Scott Edwards Workshop: Phylogenomic analyses using the multispecies coalescent model
- Vicki Funk Seminar: Evolution of the Composiate in Oceania
- Sasa Stefanovic Seminar: Who, how much, how, when and where? Difficult questions on reticulate evolution in Cuscuta (dodders; Convolvulaceae)
Proposed visitors should be nominated by lab leaders from both ANU and CSIRO and plan to visit both institutions during their time in Canberra.
Applications will be assessed by the CBA Director and Liaison Committee.
How to apply
We invite you to submit (to firstname.lastname@example.org) a short proposal (~2 pages or less) that includes:
- Visitor's name, institution and email address.
- Date of proposed visit.
- Brief background of the visitor's research and planned activities during the visit.
- An outline of the workshop / seminar that would be presented. Include (where appropriate) a title and aims; target audience and assumed background knowledge; resources required, duration and number of participants.
- Itemised budget, including other funding sources (if any) and up to $5000 from CBA.
- ANU and CSIRO collaborators' names and email addresses.