A major objective of CBA is to enhance collaboration and training opportunities via external visitors who will conduct a workshop and/or seminar open to CBA members during their visit to Canberra.
Previously funded visiting scientists:
- Joseph Heled Workshop: BEAST2
- Steve Stones-Havas Workshop: Geneious
- Peter Smouse Workshop: Genetic analysis for population studies
- Alexei Drummond RSB Director's seminar: Developing Darwin’s computer and Workshop: Phylogenomics using BEAST2
- Eddie Holmes RSB Director's seminar: The Greatest Experiment in Evolution: Viral Biocontrol of Rabbits
- Oliver Niehuis Workshop: DNA target enrichment in phylogenomics - molecular and bioinformatic principles
- Olivier Loudet Workshop: Genomic and Phenomics tools to identify the genetic basis underlying natural variation and adaptation
- Scott Edwards Workshop: Phylogenomic analyses using the multispecies coalescent model
- Vicki Funk Seminar: Evolution of the Composiate in Oceania
- Sasa Stefanovic Seminar: Who, how much, how, when and where? Difficult questions on reticulate evolution in Cuscuta (dodders; Convolvulaceae)
- Alan Lemmon Seminar and Workshop: Anchored Phylogenomics
Proposed visitors should be nominated by lab leaders from at least two or more CBA partner institutions (ie. ANU, CSIRO, UC) and plan to visit these institutions during their time in Canberra. Their research field/s should complement CBA’s core foci of evolutionary biology, genomics, bioinformatics and/or spatial modelling.
As a condition of CBA support, the visiting scientist will need to present a workshop and/or seminar that is advertised to CBA members (and elsewhere when appropriate). It can be held at ANU, UC or CSIRO.
If required, the CBA can provide coordination support for the workshop/seminar, e.g. advertising, registration, venue and flight bookings, etc.
How to apply
We invite you to submit to email@example.com a short proposal (~2 pages or less) that includes:
- Inviters’ details
- Visitor's details, including date of proposed visit and research background
- Outline of workshop / seminar
Applications will be assessed by the CBA Director and Liaison Committee.