A major objective of CBA is to enhance collaboration and training opportunities via external visitors who will conduct a workshop and/or seminar open to CBA members during their visit to ANU and CSIRO.
Previously CBA funded visitors include:
- Joseph Heled Workshop: BEAST2
- Steve Stones-Havas Workshop: Geneious
- Peter Smouse Workshop: Genetic analysis for population studies
- Alexei Drummond RSB Director's seminar: Developing Darwin’s computer and Workshop: Phylogenomics using BEAST2
- Eddie Holmes RSB Director's seminar: The Greatest Experiment in Evolution: Viral Biocontrol of Rabbits
- Oliver Niehuis Workshop: DNA target enrichment in phylogenomics - molecular and bioinformatic principles
- Olivier Loudet Workshop: Genomic and Phenomics tools to identify the genetic basis underlying natural variation and adaptation
- Scott Edwards Workshop: Phylogenomic analyses using the multispecies coalescent model
- Vicki Funk Seminar: Evolution of the Composiate in Oceania
- Sasa Stefanovic Seminar: Who, how much, how, when and where? Difficult questions on reticulate evolution in Cuscuta (dodders; Convolvulaceae)
Proposed visitors should be nominated by lab leaders from both ANU and CSIRO and plan to visit both institutions during their time in Canberra.
As a condition of CBA support, the visiting scientist will be required to conduct a workshop and/or seminar that is advertised to CBA members (and elsewhere when appropriate).
How to apply
We invite you to submit (to firstname.lastname@example.org) a short proposal (~2 pages or less) that includes:
- Visitor's name, institution and email address.
- Date of proposed visit.
- Brief background of the visitor's research and planned activities during the visit.
- An outline of the workshop / seminar that would be presented. Include (where appropriate) a title and aims; target audience and assumed background knowledge; resources required, duration and number of participants.
- Itemised budget, including other funding sources (if any) and up to $5000 from CBA.
- ANU and CSIRO collaborators' names and email addresses.