A major objective of CBA is to enhance collaboration and training opportunities via external visitors who will conduct a workshop and/or seminar open to CBA members during their visit to Canberra.
Previously funded visiting scientists:
- Alan Lemmon Seminar and Workshop: Anchored Phylogenomics
- Sasa Stefanovic Seminar: Who, how much, how, when and where? Difficult questions on reticulate evolution in Cuscuta (dodders; Convolvulaceae)
- Vicki Funk Seminar: Evolution of the Composiate in Oceania
- Scott Edwards Workshop: Phylogenomic analyses using the multispecies coalescent model
- Olivier Loudet Workshop: Genomic and Phenomics tools to identify the genetic basis underlying natural variation and adaptation
- Oliver Niehuis Workshop: DNA target enrichment in phylogenomics - molecular and bioinformatic principles
- Eddie Holmes RSB Director's seminar: The Greatest Experiment in Evolution: Viral Biocontrol of Rabbits
- Alexei Drummond RSB Director's seminar: Developing Darwin’s computer and Workshop: Phylogenomics using BEAST2
- Peter Smouse Workshop: Genetic analysis for population studies
- Steve Stones-Havas Workshop: Geneious
- Joseph Heled Workshop: BEAST
Proposed visitors should be nominated by lab leaders from at least two or more CBA partner institutions (ie. ANU, CSIRO, UC) and plan to visit these institutions during their time in Canberra. Their research field/s should complement CBA’s biodiversity science focus, eg. evolutionary biology, population and ecosystem ecology, genomics, bioinformatics, and/or spatial modelling.
As a condition of CBA support, the visiting scientist will need to present a workshop and/or seminar that is advertised to CBA members (and elsewhere when appropriate). It can be held at ANU, UC or CSIRO.
If required, the CBA can provide coordination support, e.g. advertising, registration, venue and flight bookings, etc.
How to apply
We invite you to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a short proposal (~2 pages or less) that includes:
- Inviters’ details
- Visitor's details, including date of proposed visit and research background
- Outline of workshop / seminar
Applications will be assessed by the CBA Director and Liaison Committee.