We want to hear from you!
The CBA welcomes input from our Early Career Researchers (postdocs and HDR students) regarding the types of training activities they need to address their specific research requirements and interests.
Previously CBA-funded workshops proposed by ECRs:
- Nanopore Sequencing Workshop
- Biodiversity in R: models and methods for spatial analysis
- Hierarchical occupancy-detection modelling
- Demographic inference for comparative phylogeograpy using Next-Gen sequence data
- Computational macroevolution and phylogenetic comparative methods
- Population and landscape genomics
- R Bootcamp
We aim to maintain a register of ECRs so we know who you are and what you do, and to help provide postdocs and HDR students with collaborative opportunities such as training workshops, project funding, etc. Please register your details here if you would like to be included on our ECR Register.
All Training Support proposals should be co-led by ECRs and/or PhD students from at least two or more CBA partner institutions (ie. ANU, CSIRO, UC).
The topic of the proposed activity should complement CBA’s core foci of evolutionary biology, genomics, bioinformatics and/or spatial modelling.
Funding may be sought for a range of training activities including (but not limited to) workshops, short courses, tutorials, retreats. They can be held at ANU, UC or CSIRO.
If required, the CBA can also provide coordination support for your activity, e.g. advertising, registration, venue and flight bookings, etc.
In addition to Training Support funding, CBA also has funding for visiting scientists invited by lab leaders who, during their time in Canberra, will present a workshop and/or seminar for CBA members.
How to apply
We invite you to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a short proposal (~2 pages or less) that includes:
- Title and type of training activity
- Organisers’ details
- Proposed presenter/s
- Proposed date/s
- Brief outline of the training activity
- Itemised budget, including other funding sources (if any) and up to $5000 from CBA
Applications will be assessed by the CBA Director and Liaison Committee.