Discover life on and off campus with QuestaGame.
Students, staff and the broader community from around the world can join their own university ‘clan’* and compete to find and/or identify animals, plants and fungi all around them (on or off campus).
* The CBA sponsors the ANU clan.
Players will be score points based on the rarity of what they find and/or identify over one month in April 2018.
Expert verified identifications will be returned to participants, ensuring they have the opportunity to learn, while generating quality species location data that will be available for research via the Atlas of Living Australia (ALA) and the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
Help map biodiversity and win prizes! Prize categories include:
- Champion University, Overall (University team with the highest combined score from all members from both sightings and identifications).
- Champion University, Handicap (University team with the highest average score per team member from both sightings and identifications).
- Best Life on Campus (University team with the highest combined score from all members within a team, from sightings within participating university campuses).
- Champion Spotter (awarded for highest overall score for an individual based on sightings submitted).
- Champion Identifier (highest score from correct IDs provided by an individual (through the in-game QuestaLab or the QuestaGame's Bio-Expertise Engine) during the competition and until the time that all competition sightings have been verified).
- Best Find on Campus (highest scoring individual sighting from within participating university campuses).
- Best Photo (as judged by QuestaGame staff).
- Active Adventurer Prize Draw (winner will be a randomly drawn from all registered competitors who submit at least 9 sightings within the competition period).
Open to anyone, anywhere - students, staff, and the broader community. #UniBioQuest