Are you (or your student) new to molecular lab work? Could you (or they) benefit from an introduction to operating in a genetics lab?
The EBL at ANU is offering a three-day basic introduction course to molecular lab fundamentals for students without a strong genetics/molecular undergrad or background.
The course will cost $75 to cover reagents.
- Introduction to lab operations
- PPE (Personal protective equipment)
- Molarity and how to make a chemical solution Good pipetting practice.
- Intro to agarose gels
- DNA Extraction Method 1: Silica column based kit
- DNA Extraction Method 2: Phenol / Chloroform DNA Quantitation
- Qubit fluorometer
- Nanodrop spectrophotometer
- PCR Amplification Run agarose gels:
- DNA extractions and PCRs
Note: This workshop is NOT designed for those students who are doing a predominantly molecular project and have had molec / genetics lab training at undergrad level, but rather students who have a more ecological /morphological background and are either new to genetics or who have a small genetic component to their project.
If you are interested in participating in the workshop, please contact Niccy Aitken to register.