As part of National Science Week, August is Ecology Month at the Pub. Eight short presentations will cover the amazing work going on at the University of Canberra, CSIRO and ANU.
This is your chance to tell the world about the your research into the ecosystem and the furry, wriggly, or creepy-crawly folk that inhabit it. All flavours of ecology welcome!
Tell a story, run a quiz, sing an ode to a nematode – get creative in a friendly environment, Smith’s Alternative. The crowd will be warm thanks to MC Dr Phil (and maybe because of the warming beverages…). You'll have eight minutes to entertain and inform.
We’ve had biology stand up, chemistry demos, physics poetry and quizzes on women in STEM – what will you do?
Contact Dr Phil now to discuss your idea. Deadline Sun 1 July.
The event will be free to the public thanks to the generous support of Inspiring the ACT and the Institute for Applied Ecology at Uni of Canberra.
Presenters' fine print
- Acts are limited to strictly eight minutes.
- Available resources at the venue: powerpoint, screen, mac, microphone, PA sound system, dimmable lights.
- Participants need to inform us of their requirements for AV, sound, tables, power, etc before the night.
- Presentations are displayed from laptop provided only, to prevent AV hiccups. We’ll assist with downloading material and testing in advance
- There are limited slots available on the night: we will do our best to include as many participants as possible, selection will be based on showcasing a range of performances and experience.
- There will be limited help available for setup and packup, for heavy or complicated equipment so please BYO roadies.
- Participants must ensure that the stage is clean and tidy for the next participant.
- Remind Phil to buy you a drink on the night!
- A front row seat and free drinks are available for someone to help run the AV on the night!