The CBA is in a unique location with world-class biological research facilities based at ANU (Acton) and CSIRO (Black Mountain), Canberra.
Canberra is Australia’s capital city with a population of 358,000. It is 150km from Australia's east coast with an elevation of approximately 580m. The city's design incorporates significant areas of remnant native vegetation (grassland and woodland) that has earned Canberra the title 'the bush capital'.
Our collaborative research partners and facilities
Outside of Canberra:
- National Research Collections Australia (CSIRO Facilities and Collections)
- CSIRO Atherton laboratory (QLD)
- CSIRO Australian Tropical Sciences and Innovation Precinct – Townsville (QLD)
- CSIRO Desert Knowledge Precinct - Alice Springs (NT)
- CSIRO Darwin laboratory (NT)